Monday, September 1, 2008

Nursing Cover Details

Whoever came up with this idea is a genius. I did not have a Nursing Cover with my first child, Kenneth. I managed to nurse in public ok, but there were many stresses involved. Often the blanket I used would fall off, or my nursing pad would fall on the ground in the middle of a feeding. There were many times I wished I had an extra hand (now with two kids, I think that was a preview of things to come...). And I always felt so bad for Kenneth, nursing him under a blanket in the Florida heat.
A nursing cover REALLY helps in the success of being able to breast-feed for the long haul.
So, here are some of the wonderful features of my nursing covers:

Adjustable strap so you can position it at the height most comfortable for you, as well as give you two free hands to help your baby nurse.
A rigid boning along the top of the nursing cover allows you to see what you are doing. So many moms love this feature as they can keep eye contact with their baby while nursing, without exposing themselves.
The nursing cover is about 30x28in, which is big enough to nurse under, but not too bulky, to keep from taking up too much room in your diaper bag.
Each nursing cover comes with two pockets on the inside lining. These are great to house your nursing pads while you nurse. I cannot tell you how many times one would drop while I was nursing, and there was nothing I could do about it, until Kenneth was done!
The pockets are higher, and easier to get to, compared to other nursing covers on the market, such as Hooter Hiders / Bebe Au Lait. I have a friend who has owned a Hooter Hider, as well as a Baby Orr Decor Cover, and she has preferred my cover, with the higher pockets.
And of course, I try to make them each as cute as possible!

I am very detailed, and take pride in my work, leading to a quality Baby Orr Decor Nursing Cover!

What features do you love in your Nursing Cover?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I spent longer at JoAnn Fabrics then I had intended, and before I knew it, it was time to nurse London and Noelle. Luckily for me I had my nursing cover in my purse, and so I found a cozy nook by the sewing patterns and nursed both babies (separately, of course) in peace. When we were all done, we were able to keep shopping! This was great, instead of having to go home to nurse (which I usually had to do before I got my handy-dandy nursing cover). Also, I felt extremely stylish with my pretty cover, especially in a fabric store! I could feel the admiring eyes all around for my amazing nursing cover! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kristen! I am so glad that you are able to nurse your twins while you are out and about.